Seven Important Tips for Bathroom Remodeling
You may have had experience remodeling various rooms in your house, but remodeling a bathroom is a whole different beast. This is because while bathrooms are smaller, there is the extra hassle of managing the plumbing which adds a different spin on the whole remodeling project. Naturally bathroom remodeling is not something you should try without proper planning. In the chaos, it may be easy to overlook some important element. So here are some essential tips to help you keep the situation well at hand.
1. Plan Ahead: Placing bathroom fittings isn’t exactly like placing furniture. Unlike your bed, you can’t shift your toilet a few feet away on a whim. So it’s best to draw up finalized plans before you move ahead with any actual reconstruction work.
2. Demolish first: Before you begin putting things in or changing things around, do all the demolition work necessary and then clean out all the debris. It’s easy to work in an uncluttered setting and doing all the demo first will allow you to work at your own pace.
3. Think repairs rather than replacement: Remodeling can cost a ton of money, and the best way to save some is to be smart about what you buy. If there are fittings you can reuse with a bit of spit and polish, it is highly recommended that you do so.
4. Ventilation is crucial: Proper ventilation is very important in a bathroom because otherwise moisture might build up and ruin your fittings with rust and rot. Installing a good quality exhaust fan will prevent accumulation of mildew and mold.
5. Use oil-based paint: Oil-based paint provides extra protection from moisture, so you should definitely consider it for any bathroom remodeling project.
6. Use a single piece of flooring: If you are using linoleum or vinyl flooring, install it as a single piece instead of cutting it up and then trying to match the edges. This would necessitate the removal of the toilet, and you should take this opportunity to fix any leakage problems.
7. Get the pros: No matter how good you are with your hands, bathroom remodeling is something that should be left to the professionals. Sure you can provide directions on how you want it done, and you should, but let the professionals take care of the nitty-gritties.
Bathroom remodeling, Fairfax residents know, is not a job for amateurs. This is why they always go to the professionals when they need really high-quality work done.